Come visit us at Howick Photographic Society
Interested in Photography? Come and visit us and see what we are all about!
We are a friendly bunch of enthusiasts who are keen to help each other out and share our enjoyment in the art of photography. We have members of all stages in photography, ranging from absolute beginners to professionals, we cater to all and everyone learns.
Some of the fun things we've done lately
- Friendly monthly in house club competitions - these provide great feedback and learning experience
- Focus Group Thursday - twice a month we have focus groups to discuss member images
- Social outings with like minded people
- Architecture and street photography in the city
- Photographing fungi in the Hunua Ranges
- Exhibition at Uxbridge Arts and Culture Centre in Howick
- International guest speaker from the UK telling us about his photographic journey and techniques
- Plus a whole lot more is in the works...
When and Where?
We meet at 7:30 pm every Monday (excluding the 2nd Monday of each Month) from February to November inclusive. We are located at 563 Pakuranga Road, Howick. Our meeting room is in the basement of the Howick Bridge Club, located at the rear of the car park behind the Howick Leisure Centre. We also provide a Zoom link for those members who cannot make it along to the club.
Find us on Google Maps
We welcome all new members. Should you wish to join the club, then the first three sessions (either at the club or on Zoom) are complimentary. To gain access to the Zoom meetings please email the President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a Member
To become a member, please either:
- If you don't have an existing Visual Pursuits account, then create a new account.
- If you have an existing Visual Pursuits account, please login, go to My Account > Organizations and request membership to Howick Photographic Society. This will allow you to use any existing images, that you've uploaded previously, for our club competitions.
You will receive a confirmation email once your account has been approved and the Treasurer has received your subscription.
If you have any questions, then please email the President, they will be happy to help you.
We look forward to you joining Howick Photographic Society!